Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a check in, and how do you do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a check in, and how do you do it?

Hi all.

So, I started playing a few days ago.

I started wondering alot about what these check ins cover ... I've found an older forum discussing the same thing, but I want to bring it up again.. because, what the h... is a check in?

----------

Originally posted by Boss Player View Post
    How do you see if someone checked in?

How do you check in?
    ----------

Originally posted by Neffets View Post
    That is some Kind of secret...

Lets think About the possibilities:
    - which Information collects the game from your cell phone? Information such as GPS data, time and surfing behaviour? - possible
    - GPS Information when someone With an active game Account visits the property or is nearby
    - using cell phone Provider logs - impossible
    - using statistics from Website visits - possible

Someone wrote about worth of buildings. It increases by visiting themselves. I think it is a mixture between real (Gathered Information from cell phones) and Website visitors.
    ----------
    It is something to do with facebook, twitter, foursquare, google check in.
    20.00%
    It i something to do with GPS data and surfing behaviour.
    10.00%
    It is something calculated randomized based on what the Creators of Landlord think is realistic.
    30.00%
    I think it is something else ...
    40.00%
    Picture Guide (Perfect for beginners): Get 50.000$ for free!

I've made a easy-to-follow-guide: Check it out here.

We don't actually know. That's something the developers would have to answer, and hopefully they'll see this and do so. I can't imagine it meaning when someone patronize someone's business, because I've seen places literally OUT of business (a old boarded up fire station near me) that shows up as a property to buy. Now, if the logic of patronage is the key to our income, buying something like that fire station in its current condition would be like shooting your self in the foot. However, it makes money.
    Landlord Realestate Tycoon

Download the game & Join the Facebook group -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/620526341431748/

Comment

Originally posted by Cion View Post
      We don't actually know. That's something the developers would have to answer, and hopefully they'll see this and do so. I can't imagine it meaning when someone patronize someone's business, because I've seen places literally OUT of business (a old boarded up fire station near me) that shows up as a property to buy. Now, if the logic of patronage is the key to our income, buying something like that fire station in its current condition would be like shooting your self in the foot. However, it makes money.
      Well I've got a similar experience. A building which does not excist makes good profit for me... But still - maybe there is a lot of people passing by this old Building of yours, and this could be the reason why it is making profit.. or - it could Just be some algoritems calculating the profits...

Comment

I think that the only thing that they use from foursquare is the "popularity" of a property, so they can give it a value. After that, it's just a matter of making a certain percentage based on your level, that can be randomized a little bit. Let's say, you are on level 20, daily income is like 3%... They can ranzomize that to be between 2.8% and 3.2% (it seems to me... Like Cion said, that abandoned property souldn't make that much money, but it does).

AND The higher your level the less percentagem of income you'll receive. On level 20 for instance, if you spend 2millions on a property, your daily income is 40.000. But if you spend 2millions on level 10, your daily income is like 250.000.

Comment

I think the income is always relative to the value of the property, and goes down if you level up
          The value of the property goes up if more people check in, and goes down if less people check in
          Cause you can now buy a part of a property (between 0.1% and 100%) give the impression all properties have the same income
          However, long term you'd probably need to move into the properties with higher value, cause your number of slots are limited

Comment

This is what the admin wrote in another post

Originally posted by Chief Landlord View Post
            Hi Nightwing,
            Facebook and Foursquare are used only for sign up.
            The game is based on real world mechanics which include facebook, foursquare, and in the near future other data sources.

Enjoy !
            Charles the Chief Landlord

Comment

Hello guys,

Rent is based on the category of the property. Next step are check-ins, they slightly increase the rent of the property (this influence on rent/value of the property will be increased in the future as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Feedback View Post
                Hello guys,

Rent is based on the category of the property. Next step are check-ins, they slightly increase the rent of the property (this influence on rent/value of the property will be increased in the future as well).
                Hi! And thanks for the answer. However, what we do not know is what a check in is, and how it is made? Which kind of data do you use? And how can an old fireengine house make good profit when it is empty and no one uses it?

Comment

In fact I even tried it and ask 'Feedback' but practically not explained the methodology ....
                  let's ask masse !!!
                  the best code that you can find: 02FA39X6 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nobady View Post
                    In fact I even tried it and ask 'Feedback' but practically not explained the methodology ....
                    let's ask masse !!!
                    They wont say it

Comment

The game is supposed to be powered by foursquare so swarm would be a logical guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X